The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate that is voluntarily paid by over 3,600 UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair day's pay for a hard day's work. Our employers pay the real Living Wage which is higher than the government minimum - they also make sure all their employees in London receive the London Living Wage.
In 2016 the government introduced the National Living Wage - while we at the Living Wage Foundation welcome this pay rise for low-paid workers, it is not a Living Wage as it isn't calculated based on actual living costs.
Over 150,000 employees have received a payrise as a result of the Living Wage campaign and we enjoy cross-party support. We have a broad range of employers accredited with the Foundation including 1/3 of the FTSE 100 and big household names including ITV, GOOGLE, IKEA, Everton FC, Chelsea FC and Oliver Bonas.
The new Living Wage rates were announced on the 6th November 2017 and all of our accredited employers are committed to implement them by the end of the financial year.
Latest from SWBI Admin
- South West Business Intelligence: Scaling New Heights
- Digital Trends Seminar 2018 - Optix Solutions Annual Seminar.
- Cognos 10.x…time is running out!
- Microsoft launches super-speedy cloud networking out of beta
- South West Business Intelligence (Ltd) - SWBI are proud to announce their relationship with IBM Cognos